Welcome to the Savvy Sister's Blogg

Wendy (my sister) and I had this idea to create an on-line community for like-minded women (both young and old) who wanted to share knowledge, skills, ideas. Generally supporting each other in the same way neigbours would support each other in the days when you knew who lived next door or down the road!

Day by day we are building on this idea - our blog will track our journey and you are welcome to join us.

Jill

ps. The photo is of 3 sisters who used to live in our home town - our dad took this photo in the 1960s.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Our Little Craft Club and Wendy's Beautiful Makings

Before escaping work my friends and I used to meet every Wednesday after work for a craft evening.  We started off with jewellery making, moving onto mosaiq, felt making, crochet and papier mache.  We usually met at either Jenny's or Sue's house - everyone taking turns at either making dinner or a sweet, followed by crafting. 

However, Sue had to have an operation - I left work and the evenings stopped.  As Bob (my husband) has cleared out my conservatory, we've started them again - this time at my house.

I've been practicing my felt tutoring techniques on them and have been making felt paper weights and assorted cases.  This week, Lesley had a go at needle felting, making a small heart.  Sue made a paperweight and bangle.  Eva made a case for her glasses and Jeanette a knitting needle case - all very industrious. Jenny, Leanne, Tracey and Marion couldn't come this week - probably a good thing as sometimes there are so many of us that we have work outside and we had heavy rain!  Here are some photos:

Sue & Eva
Jeanette & Lesley
Wendy's Flower Picture
Wendy has been busy - she has finished off her flower picture and all I can say is wow:






No comments:

Post a Comment