Welcome to the Savvy Sister's Blogg

Wendy (my sister) and I had this idea to create an on-line community for like-minded women (both young and old) who wanted to share knowledge, skills, ideas. Generally supporting each other in the same way neigbours would support each other in the days when you knew who lived next door or down the road!

Day by day we are building on this idea - our blog will track our journey and you are welcome to join us.

Jill

ps. The photo is of 3 sisters who used to live in our home town - our dad took this photo in the 1960s.

Thursday 14 April 2011

First Workshop in the Pipeline

Wendy and I are planning our first Felt Making Workshop - its going to be in Oakham, our home town on 1st May.  We are using Wendy's work colleagues as guinea pigs and plan on making the bag below:




We'll start by showing how to produce two basic flat pieces for the flower petals, moving onto 3 dimensional felting for the bag itself, then creating a roll for the handle and finally a ball for the centre of the flower.

We want the workshop to be fun and relaxing, a time for sharing and chatting while 'doing'.  I'll update my blog afterwards and tell you how we get on.

I'm meeting up with my friend, Lesley at the weekend, we are also planning to hold a felting workshop in her village, Norton Sub Hamden.  On Saturday, I'll show Lesley the steps to make the bag, hopefully videoing and photoing the different stages so that we can also produce a video to compliment the workshop. 

I just love all of this craft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment