Welcome to the Savvy Sister's Blogg

Wendy (my sister) and I had this idea to create an on-line community for like-minded women (both young and old) who wanted to share knowledge, skills, ideas. Generally supporting each other in the same way neigbours would support each other in the days when you knew who lived next door or down the road!

Day by day we are building on this idea - our blog will track our journey and you are welcome to join us.

Jill

ps. The photo is of 3 sisters who used to live in our home town - our dad took this photo in the 1960s.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

First Blog!

Hello!

My first ever Blog - welcome to our journey of discovery.

A little about me - my role has just disappeared as part of the public sector cuts, which has lead to Wendy and I making a start on making our dream come true - Savvy Sisters!

We've got a lot to learn before we even start our business - so we will record it all on our blog.

So far - I've bought a new laptop - I'm writing on it at this very moment.

Wendy is the whiz on social media and has created our Facebook site - but has given me the job of learning how to to write FMBL, I'm hoping to get some tips from YouTube - I'm not even sure about what it is.

Taunton Business Link have sent me a load of reading material - so I'd probably be wading my way through that tomorrow.

In between this I've got to try and get chewing gum off my daughter's brand new dress - think it calls for white vinegar, the cure-all for everything - first tip!!

Jillxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jilly, you have so much energy and enthusiasm it's bound to be a success!

    Second tip - you can put the dress in the freezer and let the chewing gum freeze hard, you should then be able to pick it off....

    Good luck and lots of love

    Your big sister Wendy (not the nun!)

    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete