Welcome to the Savvy Sister's Blogg

Wendy (my sister) and I had this idea to create an on-line community for like-minded women (both young and old) who wanted to share knowledge, skills, ideas. Generally supporting each other in the same way neigbours would support each other in the days when you knew who lived next door or down the road!

Day by day we are building on this idea - our blog will track our journey and you are welcome to join us.

Jill

ps. The photo is of 3 sisters who used to live in our home town - our dad took this photo in the 1960s.

Sunday 10 July 2011

Funny Old Week

Its been a strange week after last weekend's excitement.  The advert for our Felt Making workshop on the 23rd July went out in the Somerset Gazette and we had our first booking - so even more excitement!  We now need 9 more bookings - fingers crossed that there are other crafty people out there.  I've submitted an article about  starting Savvy Sisters to the Gazette in the hope that it keeps up the momentum, lets hope they publish it.

Wendy has been very busy, firstly she held a workshop for the Edith Weston Brownies in Rutland.  Each Brownie made a small, purple and pink brooch:

Edith Weston Brownies Felt Making
Then she made a snazzy cushion and a very funky hat:
Cushion Back
Cushion front

Funky Hat

They put my small mobile phone cases to shame, I must step up my game this week - any suggestions as to what I should make??

My last bit of  news is that I am going down to Cold Harbour Mill to meet with David and to hopefully discuss the possibility of the Mill Shop selling our starter kits, so watch this space on Wednesday for an update.





No comments:

Post a Comment