Welcome to the Savvy Sister's Blogg

Wendy (my sister) and I had this idea to create an on-line community for like-minded women (both young and old) who wanted to share knowledge, skills, ideas. Generally supporting each other in the same way neigbours would support each other in the days when you knew who lived next door or down the road!

Day by day we are building on this idea - our blog will track our journey and you are welcome to join us.

Jill

ps. The photo is of 3 sisters who used to live in our home town - our dad took this photo in the 1960s.

Friday 20 May 2011

Noodes & Next Workshop

I've ordered a whole load of items for the starter kits, my conservatory is rapidly filling up and I can't blame my husband this time!

Today a large box of swimming noodles arrived - these are for the rollers, yesterday 500 bottles for the vinegar and soap, 500 bottle top waterer for sprinkling the soapy water and a 40m roll of tuile netting for holding patterns in place. Next step - I've got to put them altogether, a bit of a mammoth task.

We've finally booked our next felt workshop - its going to be on Saturday 23rd July at the Comeytrowe Centre, Taunton. Wendy and I are so excited!! Email me - on jill.nutton@sky.com if you'd like to come and want more info.

I've also been experimenting to try to find small items that can be easily made within 5 to 10 minutes for when we hold stalls/stands at craft shows - first attempts are these two flower brooches, we want them to be simple so people can have a try themselves. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment